Everyone who aspires to speak good Business Japanese should be able to understand the mechanism of such communication. Since the rise of the so-called "communicative approach" around 1980 a special attention is being paid to communicative situations. What does a "situation" means, when it comes to business Japanese? The lecturer will share some secrets that will help you improve your business Japanese, using the communicative approach as a main reference point.
"Graduated from the Japanese Language and Culture
Course at the University of Tsukuba. Completed the
doctoral program at Waseda University Graduate School
and holds a Ph.D in Japanese Language Education. After
working as a JSPS Research Fellowship for Young
Scientists, a lecturer at Fudan University in China, an
assistant at Waseda University, a lecturer and an
associate professor at Toyo University, his current
position is Associate Professor of Aoyama Gakuin
University. His research topics include teaching Japanese
to foreign students and non-native minors, analysis of
Japanese teaching materials, language policy, history of
Japanese language education, Business Japanese,
introducing Japanese culture abroad, etc. Doctor Tanaka
is the winner of numerous awards, including the 32nd
Masayoshi Ohira Memorial Prize, the Prize for 2018 if the
Society for Teaching Japanese as a Second Language,
Waseda University Teaching Award (President’s Award)
in 2017, the University of Tokyo Good Practice for
Teaching Online President’s Award in 2020, and the 1st
SDGs Iwasa Prize for 2022, etc."
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* Various payment methods are available. About payment method
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Aoyama Gakuin University （Associate Professor）
* Non-Toyo University students can also take this course.
* Participation from abroad is highly welcomed.
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures。
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.