Pronunciation is crucial when you need your messages to be properly understood. This lecture deals with phonetics as part of Business Japanese skills. It will also teach you some secrets for improving your pronunciation.
Holds a Ph.D. from Waseda University's Graduate School of Applied Japanese Linguistics. Starts her career as a Japanese lecturer at the Busan University of Foreign Studies (Rep. of Korea) then lecturing full-time at Meikai University, before becoming an associate-professor at Waseda University's Center for Japanese Language. Works in the fields of phonetic education, second language acquisition and Japanese learning advising. Author of the web-teaching material "Tsutaeru hatsuon" and has contributed 9 courses in the "Steps in Japanese for Beginners" which is part of the larger MOOCs online study material, having more than 150,000 registered users. Winner of Waseda University's Waseda e-Teaching Award for 2019, 2020 and the e-Teaching Award Good Practice for 2021.
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* Various payment methods are available. About payment method
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Waseda Unibersity(Associate Professor）
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures。
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.