When a foreigner is hired, they are often expected to handle translating and interpreting tasks. The lecture deals with some aspects of the Japanese language particularly relevant to translation and interpreting.
Holds a MA in Applied Japanese Linguistics from Tohoku University and a Ph.D. in Japanese Linguistics from Bulgaria's leading Sofia University, His research covers phonetics and phonology with an accent on prosody, pragmatics and honorifics in particular, as well as intercultural communication, including foreign learners' attitude toward Japan and its culture. Long-time translator and interpreter, experienced in literary, business and political contexts. (Translator of Kenzaburo Oe's "Death by Water"), Taught for many years at Sofia University (Associate Professor). Currently a Lecturer at Toyo University.
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* Various payment methods are available. About payment method
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Toyo University Center for Global Education and Exchange(Lecturer)
* Non Toyo University students can also take this course.
* Participation from abroad is highly welcomed.
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures.
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.