Toyo University Global Service Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "we") provides users (hereinafter referred to as "you") with the Japanese learning service TOYO Japanese Language Program (hereinafter referred to as "this service") hosted over the Internet by the school corporation Toyo University (hereinafter referred to as "Toyo University").
Article 1 (Purpose)
1. The purpose of this agreement is to set the conditions for providing this service and the conditions for using it.
Article 2 (Applicable target)
1. This agreement applies to all users who use this service.
2. Before using this service, you must agree to comply with this agreement.
Article 3 (Service content)
1. This service provides courses for learning Japanese by real-time streaming via the Internet.
2. You can use this service by applying for the course of your desired lecture.
3. If certain conditions based on the usage of this service are met, you will be able to view the teaching materials and lecture videos used in the course for the purpose of self-learning for the period specified by us after taking the course.
Article 4 (Membership registration)
1. To use this service, you need to register as a member. You can use this service by providing certain information (hereinafter referred to as "registration contents") to us by the method specified by this service and registering.
2. If you fall under any of the following items, we may not allow you to use this service. We do not disclose the reason for disapproval, and you cannot object to this.
(1) When the information you registered is of a non-existent person
(2) When you cannot be contacted through the contact information such as the email you registered
(3) When it is found that the information registered by you contains false or inaccurate information
(4) When you are part of antisocial forces, etc. (an organized crime group, a member of any organized crime group, an organized crime group quasi-member, somehow affiliated with any organized crime group, a corporate racketeer, a group engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns, a crime group specialized in intellectual crimes etc.) or, when you are engaged in any exchange or involvement with antisocial forces, such as cooperating or engaging in the maintenance, operation, or management of antisocial forces, etc. through funding or other means.
(5) When using this service for purposes other than the intended purpose
(6) When the materials and videos provided by this service are used for purposes other than self-learning
(7) When the right to use this service is transferred to another person
(8) Other cases where the use of this service is deemed inappropriate
3. If there is a change in the registered information, you need to promptly update the member information registered in the TOYO Japanese Language Program website (hereinafter referred to as "this website").We are not responsible for any disadvantages caused by neglecting to update (such as not receiving course information email).
4. If you wish to withdraw your membership, you must contact us from the "Inquiry Form" on this website.We will notify you by email when the withdrawal procedure is completed.
Article 5 (Handling of personal information)
1. We consider having obtained your consent regarding how we handle your membership information and the information provided in questionnaires (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") as follows.
(1) We will appropriately acquire, use, and provide the personal information only to the extent necessary for the sales activities of this service.
(2) We will share personal information with the outsourcer, Toyo University, for the purpose of improving this service.
2. In principle, Toyo University and we will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use without obtaining the consent of the person in advance and will take measures for that purpose.
Article 6 (Usage environment of this service)
1. This service might not operate properly depending on the usage environment of the user (PC, smartphone and tablet hardware specifications, software conditions, network environment, etc.).
2. The user shall use this service after confirming that their environment conforms to the recommended system environment of this service at his/her own risk at the time of application and during the period of use of this service.
3. We will not be responsible for any failures or troubles in using this service when caused by the usage environment of the user.
Article 7 (Course attendance)
1. You shall log in to the member page of this website before the scheduled start time of the lessons at your own risk and expense.In addition, we and Toyo University shall not be held liable for any inability to attend lectures due to late arrival, leaving early, absence, or other troubles due to the convenience of the user.
2. All the start dates and times of the courses offered by this service are indicated in Japan time.
3. We and Toyo University may cancel class in the case the course cannot be held due to the circumstances of the lecturer in charge.In this case, we will notify you of the cancellation of the course on this website.
4. We shall not be held liable for any reason except in the following cases.
(1) When you cannot attend the course due to a system failure of this website
(2) When you cannot attend the course due to administrative negligence.
5. We may change the date and time of provision of this service by making a notification on this website.
6. If the progress of a course is interrupted by an act that falls under Article 10 (Prohibited matters), we or the lecturer may cancel the course enrollment of the particular user, even if it is during class.
Article 8 (Amendment of terms)
1. We reserve the right to modify this agreement without any advance notice (hereinafter referred to as "amend").In this case, we will notify you of the amended contents of this agreement and the effective date on this website.
2. By using this service after the effective date, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified agreement and all of the amendments if the they fall under any of the following items.
(1) When the amendment conforms to your general interests.
(2) When the amendment does not contradict the purpose of the contract for using this service, it is made in accordance with this article and circumstances concerning other amendments and is reasonable in light of the necessity of the amendment itself.
Article 9 (Suspension or termination of this service)
1. We may suspend or terminate the operation of this service in the following cases.
(1) When a problem such as a breakdown occurs in this website
(2) When it becomes technically difficult or impossible to provide this service
(3) When this service cannot be provided as usual due to natural disasters such as earthquakes and epidemic outbreaks, governmental or societal actions such as mayhem, riots, and terrorism, or other reasons which we or you cannot be held liable for due to force majeure.
(4) When we judge that it is necessary to suspend or terminate the operation of this service
2. If this service is stopped or terminated, we will notify you in advance on this website.However, this does not apply in case of emergency or unavoidable circumstances.
Article 10 (Prohibited matters)
1. We prohibit you from the following acts when using this service.
(1) Acts that infringe or may infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights, including the copyright of Toyo University and us
(2) Acts that infringe on the privacy of other users
(3) In addition to the above paragraphs 1 and 2, acts that cause or may cause disadvantage or damage to third parties, Toyo University and us
(4) Acts that are or may be contrary to public policy and morals, or acts such as providing information that is contrary to public policy and morals to other users or third parties
(5) Using and spreading harmful programs such as computer viruses through this service
(6) Other acts that violate or may violate laws and regulations