Understanding business culture and customs is essential for learning business Japanese. In this lecture, we will introduce the theoretical framework of cultural understanding, and provide explanations and training to acquire cultural knowledge.
Prof. Ushikubo graduated from Dokkyo University. He learned Japanese language education in the doctoral program at Waseda university and got a PhD (Japanese Language Education). He worked as a deputy chief instructor at an overseas educational institution (Waseda Education Thailand). After returning to Japan, he kept pursuing a career in language education, working as a research assistant at Waseda University and a lecturer at the Kwansei Gakuin University. He is currently teaching Japanese at the Center for Global Education and Exchange, Toyo University. His specialty is qualitative data analysis, teacher research, and classroom research.
Toyo University Center for Global Education and Exchange（Associate Professor）
* Non Toyo University students can also take this course.
* Participation from abroad is highly welcomed.
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures.
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.