Communicative approaches have been a point of discussion since the 1980s and are still very important today, especially in business situations. In this lecture, we will consider business Japanese in reference to the communicative approach and explain effective learning methods.
Graduated from the Japanese Language and Culture Course at the University of Tsukuba. Completed the doctoral program at Waseda University Graduate School and holds a Ph.D in Japanese Language Education. After working as a JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists, a lecturer at Fudan University in China, an assistant at Waseda University, a lecturer and an an associate professor at Toyo University, his current position is Associate Professor of Aoyama Gakuin University. Doctor Tanaka is also a part-time lecturer at the University of Tokyo,Waseda University,Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, etc. He specializes in business Japanese language education, analysis of Japanese language teaching materials, development of Japanese language teaching materials, history of Japanese language education, and history of language policy. Doctor Tanaka is the winner of numerous awards, including the the Waseda University Teaching Award (President’s Award) in 2017 and the University of Tokyo Good Practice for Teaching Online President’s Award in 2020,etc.
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* The payment method is a credit card.
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Aoyama Gakuin University （Associate Professor）
* Non Toyo University students can also take this course.
* Participation from abroad is highly welcomed.
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures.
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.