Vocabulary and expressions used in business situations differ from those used in academic situations. This lecture will deepen your understanding of vocabulary and expressions used in business situations through practice exercises and commentaries based on theoretical content. We will use practice questions from the BJT test during the lecture, so please prepare paper and pencil in advance.
"Graduated from the Japanese Language and Culture
Course at the University of Tsukuba. Completed the
doctoral program at Waseda University Graduate School
and holds a Ph.D in Japanese Language Education. After
working as a JSPS Research Fellowship for Young
Scientists, a lecturer at Fudan University in China, an
assistant at Waseda University, a lecturer and an
associate professor at Toyo University, his current
position is Associate Professor of Aoyama Gakuin
University. His research topics include teaching Japanese
to foreign students and non-native minors, analysis of
Japanese teaching materials, language policy, history of
Japanese language education, Business Japanese,
introducing Japanese culture abroad, etc. Doctor Tanaka
is the winner of numerous awards, including the 32nd
Masayoshi Ohira Memorial Prize, the Prize for 2018 if the
Society for Teaching Japanese as a Second Language,
Waseda University Teaching Award (President’s Award)
in 2017, the University of Tokyo Good Practice for
Teaching Online President’s Award in 2020, and the 1st
SDGs Iwasa Prize for 2022, etc."
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* Various payment methods are available. About payment method
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Aoyama Gakuin University Faculty of Literature（Associate Professor）
Courses will be conducted entirely in Japanese.
- You can freely choose to participate in only one course or multiple courses.
- Those who responded to the questionnaire after the course will be able to view the materials.
- Lecture videos will be viewed for all the applicants even for those miss the lecture of the day.
- Those who have attended at least 72 minutes (80% of the lecture time) of all six courses can download the Toyo University Certificate of Completion.