There are lots of people who associate business Japanese with Honorifics (Keigo) and find it difficult to use. In this lecture, we will explain the core concept of Keigo and leant how it is described by linguists.
Graduate of the University of Tokyo's Faculty of Letters. Holds a Ph.D. in Modern Japanese Linguistics from the University of Osaka. After briefly teaching at the Foreign Student Center at the University of Tokyo, assistant-professor at Gakushuin University (2002). Full professor at the same university since 2008. Chairperson of the Society of Japanese Grammar. Author of numerous books, research papers and teaching materials, related to Japanese grammar. One of her publications is "Review and current issues in Business Japanese education"(COCO Publishers) speaks clearly of her dedication to the subject.
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* Various payment methods are available. About payment method
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Gakushuin University Faculty of Literature(Professor)
* Non Toyo University students can also take this course.
* Participation from abroad is highly welcomed.
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures.
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.