What is the difference between understanding business documents in Japanese and academic papers? In this lecture, we will classify the types of business documents used in a business setting and learn how to make sense of the information they contain.
Prof. Ushikubo graduated from Dokkyo University. He learned Japanese language education in the doctoral program at Waseda university and got a PhD (Japanese Language Education). He worked as a deputy chief instructor at an overseas educational institution (Waseda Education Thailand). After returning to Japan, he kept pursuing a career in language education, working as a research assistant at Waseda University and a lecturer at the Kwansei Gakuin University. He is currently teaching Japanese at the Center for Global Education and Exchange, Toyo University. His specialty is qualitative data analysis, teacher research, and classroom research.
* Membership registration is required to apply.
* The payment method is a credit card.
* The "Attend" button (link to the meeting URL) will be activated on the course opening day. To access, you need to log in to your member page. If you can't find the "Attend" button, check if you're logged in.
* Please make sure to read "how to attend online" by the day of the course, and access the "Attend" button after preparation of the necessary settings. If there is a deficiency in the setting, certificates may not be issued. Please access well in advance to access.
* Preliminary materials, lecture materials, and lecture videos may not be available.
* The viewing deadline for lecture materials and videos is 7 days including the date on which they became available for viewing. (*It will be available within 7 days from the course date.)
* In order to attend the course, you need to answer the pre-questionnaire. To view the materials on the day, you need to complete both the pre-questionnaire and the post-attendance questionnaire. The deadline for answering the post-attendance questionnaire is 7 days, including the day of the lecture.
Toyo University Center for Global Education and Exchange（Associate Professor）
* Non Toyo University students can also take this course.
* Participation from abroad is highly welcomed.
- All display times are in Japan time.
- All courses will be conducted in Japanese only.
- You can freely choose if you wish to attend one or multiple lectures.
- Those who complete the post-attendance questionnaire will have access to the materials and videos used in the class only if the lecture gives permission to distribute them.